Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Aurora Miracle


While the storm rumbled on, the rain splattering on to my bedroom window and the noise of the wind blowing through the branches of the trees. I slept on peacefully through the night.


Arising from a shock. I sat up in bed for a few minutes. Then realised a bright thing in the sky. It was a swirl of multicoloured lights glittering on the surface of the dark night. My eyes widened. Then a ball of snow was thrown at my window. I looked down. My eyes widened more. My mouth dropped. With one tooth missing. I smiled.

I ran down the stairs, up the hallway, through the kitchen, down the next lot of stairs, through the lounge, and finally to the front door. I ran to the backyard. I was as cold as a drop of ice. The sky still lighted up. I turned the corner and then felt something touch my leg. I looked down and there it was. “A snowman” I said sounding amazed. “Hi!” It said chirpily. “Hiiiii!” I said, “You talk”, “yes, my name is Flaky”. He said. “My name is Franny.” I said to him.

Mum and dad ran outside, “ Franny, where are you!” Mum shouted. “Back here mum”. I said. Mum and dad came dashing to the backyard. “What are you doing out here darling.” Dad said. “It was a snowman, he had a banana nose, and chocolate button eyes. He had noodles for his mouth, and his name was flaky.” I said giggling.

“Honey you must of been sleepwalking.” Mum said. “No, see look he is right here.” I said looking down. “where darling, there is nothing there.” Dad said. “Come on we are going to freeze out here, we better make our way back inside now.” Mum said. She was shivering.

As we walked back into the house, I slowly turned back an there he was, AGAIN! I knew I was not dreaming. I giggled, and then he giggled to. I waved goodbye then he.... he disappeared into thin air. I felt a gush of wind blow past me. Then I heard, “Bye, Bye Franny, I will be back. and thanks, thanks for believing in me.” Whispered the wind  into my ear. “You’re welcome, See you next time.” I replied.

When we got back to my room, mum tucked me in and kissed me good night. As she walked out, I asked her, “mum do you believe in snowmen?” She replied, “ I don’t know, honey.” “Well, he will be back and you will believe, like I do.” I said. “Honey, dreams are free.” Mum Said “Goodnight.” I said. Mum walked out shutting the door behind her.

I looked to the ceiling and said quietly. “I Believe.”

1 comments:

Bernie McCarthy said...

Hi Asia,
Thank you for showing me this today, its a great story and I really hope you get to see snow sometime soon. Just remember if being a lawyer doesn't work out perhaps and author would be another option.
Thanks for you time today.
Regards
Bernie

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.